Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'm baaaaa ack :)

All is well, surgery is done, uterus is gone, healing is in progress, and soon i return to the day job. I will start making my blog posts again now as i slowly get back into the swing of my artistic side. I feel like the artistic switch was turned off in my brain. I was warned that might happen, and boy DID it. I am almost ashamed to say that i read ZERO books, barely opened a magazine, painted and drew very little, and my brain was basically on pause. It was the strangest thing, i could not focus. I guess pain & healing does that to a body. I wouldn't have believed it if i hadn't experienced it myself.
I am looking forward to feeling better and better as time goes on, just in time for summer. It's been just over 6 weeks now, and i told the doctor i was amazed how "out of sorts" I've felt, and how slow the healing has been. She assured me it was to be expected, and the surgical complications i experienced would delay my return to 'normal' even longer. Good to know... cuz i thought maybe they had surgically removed my mojo or some brain cells instead of my uterus.