Wednesday, October 30, 2019

It has been the year of years

The highest of highs and the lowest of lows - that's been this year. Losing my puppy soul mate Daisy, hurt more than I ever could have imagined. Walking with our Mom on her excruciating cancer road to heaven, dealing with the fact that she's really gone and that I have no parents left, has been surreal. In fact I had the most vivid dream last night that Mom was not gone, we had time to send her to a hospice house like she wanted, and more time to talk and plan things. It was so real.

Yet... there is this little girl who came into our world for us all to love, AVERY ANNE, born on my beloved Grandmother's birthday, June 26.  She even met her Great-Grandma Jo on July 4th, just in time. What a gift on so many levels.

Instead of hanging out on this perpetual emotional rollercoaster, I've decided to hop off and live this life that God has given me, and do it in the sunshine. No days or years are promised, clouds come & go. But what we CAN do is try really hard to stay on the light side of things. It's not easy, and i fail alot. But it's my goal daily.

Thank you Lord for this year. For all of it means something.

perpetually seeking the sunshine,
Kimmy Jo (mom's most used name for me)