Thursday, July 10, 2014

yea, we're pretty much BFF's now - juss sayin'


i got a random envelope in the mail from a dear cousin. Absolutely no clue as to what it could be. I open it all casual-like and ....pause.... SQWEEEEEEEEE no way!! I ain't too proud to admit that i did a ridiculous mini happy dance and squealed like a little girl at a Backstreet Boys concert (ok, so that's dating myself...i digress)  I am a huge fan of  Ree Drummond, a.k.a. The Pioneer Woman! Long before she had a show on the Food Network, i was an avid follower of her blog, have her book, have her cookbooks, love her humor & writing style, loved her photography tips & subject matter, general fan of her life. I've felt we were kindred spirits... camera-toting, farm wife, barn mom, calf-shit-dodging, accidental country girl soul sisters. So what she wrote on the photo was... perfect. SO COOL! ok, so i gotta tone down the fan-girl crap. It was just so neat to get this, and let's not forget the thoughtfulness of my cousin Theresa for doing this for me!! She works for Land O'Lakes which happens to be a sponsor for Ree. LUCKY ME! If you live under a rock, or haven't discovered THE Pioneer Woman yet, check out her extensive website empire ... http://thepioneerwoman.com/